14 February 2005

Our Talks at Church this morning

Christian and I had to give talks today at church. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...A.K.A. Mormons. Our services are a little different than others because instead of the Bishop giving a sermon we have our members give talks based on a subject that is given.
I had the subject of Repentence and Christian had peace.
I had the week to stress about being in front of everyone giving a talk. My hands were all sweaty and I felt like I had to puke.
Since we both had to sit up front on the stand our very good friend Gigi met us there so she could sit with the kids.
After my talk was over (RELIEF) I saw Gigi at the door waving me back. I had to hurry out to the foyer where she told me that Emalee puked in the hallway. She had been saying that she felt sick all morning BUT because that is what Emalee always tells us I didn't believe her. Ever hear of the Little Boy who Cried Wolf?? That is Emalee. Every night before bed and everyday before school she has a "tummy" ache.
Luckily a sweet woman at church helped Gigi clean up the puke...boy did it stink! Poor Emalee looked like she felt awful.
We waited for Christian to finish up and the closing prayer to end so we could come home.
Since then she has thrown up two more times. I hope this is not the beginning of a LONG night.
I also hope that Jimmy & Reagan don't get it. :(
BTW our talks both went well and few people that were able to get a hold of me before we dashed out the door said they were great.

No comments: