29 December 2009

Happy New Year - A Look Back of 2009


I didn't send out Christmas cards this year for a few reasons. 1) I didn't buy any, 2) I knew postage would be expensive and 3) I was lazy and hate going to the tiny post office here..
I'm not sure how many people come and read what I have to say but I thought I would write a little year in review or something like I would have written in a Christmas Update Letter.

2009 has been a good year for us! We made a big decision and moved our family to Aberdeen, Scotland for Christian's job. We got here the beginning of March and have had a lot of fun living here.

Christian is keeping busy at work. The job he was to run in Aberdeen didn't work out but they found another company over in Norwich, England to run and he has been traveling there weekly to take care of things there. It's a bummer that he is having to travel again but we are used to it.

Camille is manning the fort at home with the kids. Each morning Alex and she (I) take Reagan and Jimmy to school and then pick them up in the afternoon. While everyone is at school she cleans, plays with Alex, runs errands, attends playgroups or just hangs out at home.
She has met a lot of great people here from church and from the school.

Emalee, 12 ,started Secondary School here which is the equivalent to a combined Jr & High school. She gets to wear a nifty blazer with shirt, tie, skirt & tights. She looks so cute and grown up in her uniform. She's met a nice group of girls and seems to enjoy living here. She says she misses home once in awhile but that's to be expected.

Jimmy, 10 is at the local primary school and in P6. He has 1 more year at the Primary level before he heads off to the same school as Emalee. He's met a few friends too and has joined one of the school's football (soccer) teams. He enjoys playing when the football pitches aren't flooded. He's still crazy into video games and would play them 24 hrs a day if I would let him!

Reagan is now 5 1/2 and and proud of that fact! She's in P1 (Kinder) and is just loving school. She's met a bunch of friends and just loves her teacher. She's only been there for 4 months and is reading already! She writes quite well and colours very nicely. She has picked up the tone for a British child. It doesn't always come out but when it does she sounds so cute.

Alex, 2 is just a cute wee thing! He is so attached to his mommy!! He adores his brother and sisters and is just a fun little guy. He has such a big vocabulary for a 2 yr old. He says things way above his age and we are impressed with him daily.

We are all picking up the local terms for lots of words as you can see in some of the above. It's fun to learn new words for things. It's a great place to live! It is beautiful here and so calm, not full of traffic or tons of shops, etc. It takes us 20 minutes to just to go McDonald's.

We spent a lot of time when we first moved here visiting all the Castles around our area. Christian's mom came for a month this past Summer and we took her all over Scotland. It was great fun!

So that was our year in a nutshell. Thanks for reading and looking at our blog and we hope you will continue sharing our adventure over here in 2010.

No comments: