28 November 2009

Saying goodbye to November and hello to December!

So do you sometimes feel like the year has just whipped by you so fast? That's how I am feeling right now! I cannot believe that we are days away from December.
We had our first Thanksgiving in Scotland and it was actually a lot of fun. We missed our traditional feast at Christian's parents with his sister and her family of course and my brother and his girlfriend, BUT since that was not an option we made the best of what we had and had a great day.
We headed over to Christian's boss's house. They had a Korean couple that they knew from Korea/utah and then they invited a guy from our church that just lost his wife after just having a baby. Sad story, maybe I'll post it another day?
So we had the turkey with all the trimmings and Christian made the mashed potatoes like always and it all came out brilliant.

Emalee will be turning 12 on the 1st of December and since that is a Tuesday night we decided to celebrate it today (Saturday). For her birthday she wanted to go shopping and pick some things out on her own so her and I headed into town this morning while Christian watched the other 3 kids. We had a really nice time and I think she picked out : Snow White pillow from the Disney Store, 2 shirts, a pair of jeans and a cute sweater from one shop, 2 books and 2 shirts from the gap. We also got her a black scarf and then she chose for me to make Lasagna for dinner. We invited our friend's the Schneider's over for dinner. We had a really nice time.
She also got her gifts from her Grandparents in utah and her Aunt & Uncle in Utah.

We had a good day! We also bought a piano from a X-pat family that is moving back to the States. We got that today as well! Emalee and I are going t be taking piano lessons soon. I am VERY excited about that. I've wanted to play the piano for years.

So that's about it for now. We are going to start decorating for Christmas within the next few days and are going to get ready to celebrate our first Christmas in Scotland.

1 comment:

Mel and Angus said...

Time is flying by fast! I just told my hubby he needed to work on our Christmas letter so we can get our cards sent. I am starting to panic about Christmas!