So Emalee has a nice teacher, Mrs Parker. She wears uniforms and she was quite happy. We live within walking distance of the school which is nice since I don't have a vechile yet and frankly I don't want to drive yet!!!
The kids and I get to pick her up and she proceeds to tell me about her first day.....
She had Sex Education.....AND not only do they talk about it here but they show clips of it as well.
How bad could it be right? Well let's just say it sounds like she saw a low grade porn!! She said they show full naked men & women so you can see proper body parts, they showed how to actually have sex, where the body parts go in and out of, they showed the man actually shoot out his seemen!! YES in Primary school. She said they also show the birth of a baby which grossed her out more than seeing the naked people, LOL.
So now our little 11 yr old has seen sex in motion. I'm not so sure how I like that idea. Her knowing was one thing but to actually see it isn't right at 11 years old. I know she needs to know but couldn't my little girl stayed naive for just a few more years???
Now we know to keep Jimmy home next year when he goes to P6 because that is when they start!!! yikes!
3 comments:
That's one of the reasons we opted to home school! lol. I'd rather tell them in my own way, when I feel the time is right. Yup, I remember the videos. Ugh. Embarrassing.
What a shame to be loaded with all that on her first day. I hope it hasn't put her off too much.
I couldn't believe it! AND last night on channel 4 there was a program called something like Sed Ed vs Pornography and they showed VERY GRAPHIC images of what the kids learned...and it was hosted at a high school and everything. Showed the inside of a vagina and all...CRAZY STUFF here!!!
Oh my...I am not a prude by any stretch of the imagination(as i'm sure you know....lol) but I think that is a bit much. I think talking about it is one thing, but showing pics in a class full of kids is not ok. If I want my kids to see pics of it all I will show them in my time and place. And seriously ejaculation??? not ok!!
Post a Comment